Monday, June 25, 2018

One of the wives of a disciple of the prophets called to Elisha, “Sir, my husband is dead!  You know how he feared the Lord.  Now a creditor has come to take my two children as slaves.”
Elisha asked her, “What should I do for you?  Tell me, what do you have in your house?”
She answered, “I have nothing in the house except a jar of olive oil.”
Elisha said, “Borrow many empty containers from all your neighbors. Then close the door behind you and your children, and pour oil into all those containers.  When one is full, set it aside.”
So she left him and closed the door behind her and her children.  The children kept bringing containers to her, and she kept pouring. When the containers were full, she told her son, “Bring me another container.”
He told her, “There are no more containers.” So the olive oil stopped flowing. She went and told the man of God.
He said, “Sell the oil, and pay your debt. The rest is for you and your children.”
(2 Kings 4:1-7 -- GW)

Photo:  https://www.istockphoto.com/photo/jar-on-the-shelf-gm980813378-266431383



No comments:

Post a Comment