Friday, September 1, 2017

When Abram was 99 years old, the Lord appeared to him.  He said to Abram,
“I am God Almighty.
Live in my presence with integrity.
 2 I will give you my promise, and I will give you very many descendants.”

3 Immediately, Abram bowed with his face touching the ground, and again God spoke to him, 4 “My promise is still with you.  You will become the father of many nations. 5 So your name will no longer be Abram [Exalted Father], but Abraham [Father of Many] because I have made you a father of many nations. 6 I will give you many descendants. Many nations and kings will come from you. 7 I will make my promise to you and your descendants for generations to come as an everlasting promise.  I will be your God and the God of your descendants. 8 I am also giving this land where you are living—all of Canaan—to you and your descendants as your permanent possession.  And I will be your God.”
(Genesis 17:1-8 -- GW)



No comments:

Post a Comment