Thursday, June 25, 2015

 
Sir Isaac Newton, was asked, “Sir Isaac, I do not understand. You seem to be able to believe the Bible like a little child.  I have tried but I cannot.  So many of its statements mean nothing to me.  I cannot believe; I cannot understand.”  Sir Isaac replied, “Sometimes I come into my study and in my absentmindedness I attempt to light my candle when the extinguisher is over it, and I fumble about trying to light and cannot; but when I remove the extinguisher then I am able to light the candle.  I am afraid the extinguisher in your case is the love of your sins; it is deliberate unbelief that is in you.  Turn to God in repentance; be prepared to let the Spirit of God reveal His truth to you, and it will be His joy to show the glory of the grace of God shining in the face of Jesus Christ.”
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment