Friday, May 29, 2015

TURN AROUND SLOWLY

I met a grandfather and all of his children And as we were talking, a tear filled his eye.  He smiled at my child; I handed her to him And just for a moment he went back in time.

He remembered the dreams of having a family, Of holding the ones that God sent his way.  The joy they would bring him to make his heart larger.  Then he looked in my eyes and said:

CHORUS: Turn around slowly.  Time is a racer.  The wink of an eye takes you from here to there.  Turn around slowly, and treasure your days here.  These precious moments may come to be rare.

In a flash, he discovered my foolish wishes.   I wished she was walking and talking and more.   But why hurry what will pass me so quickly?   I should be longer to linger.

CHORUS

(By David Kauffman) 

No comments:

Post a Comment